- The Oscars are on Sunday. If you still need to be swayed that Amour should win every last prize, this editor urges you to invest comprehensively in the filmography of Michael Haneke.
- Once that is done, recover with a Little Book of Sloths (a portion of the proceeds go towards sloth conservation).
- If all of this year’s Oscar nominees leave you cold, share some urban poetry with the Criterion Collection and enjoy their new edition of On the Waterfront.
- Behold, “Son of Rogue’s Gallery.” Unfortunately, John C. Reilly isn’t singing in a fake brogue on this album, but he did on the original “Rogue’s Gallery.”
- Through March 10, the 13th Annual Professor John Howard Birss, Jr. Memorial Library Exhibition at Roger Williams University just happens to be unmissable: the 50th Anniversary of the Bell Jar, featuring Plath’s typewriter; a first, pseudonymous edition; correspondence, and – oh dear – Plath’s death certificate.