- This year, you will be more daring. Let the world know it by wearing a button that necessitates onlookers coming very close to you, so close you will feel the breath on their face as they mutter to themselves, “Kittentits.“
- Duotrope will be charging for its services in the new year. Keep them alive and get the writer in your life a gift subscription! How else will they know how despairingly hard it is to crack Tin House?
- C is for how cool Josh Covell is for this recommendation: Jessica Hische, she of the Daily Dropcap and the Moonrise Kingdom titles, is working her way through the alphabet for Penguin Books with these resplendent covers.
- Anobium Executive Editor Ben Van Loon invites you to share his anticipation for Daniel Poyner’s Autonomy: the Cover Designs of Anarchy 1961-1970, coming in February from Princeton Architectural Press. As the significant other of one who composed his thesis on art and anarchy, I am ecstatic to have my boyfriend’s-birthday-gift-worries alleviated!
- They’re not for sale, precisely, but Valentine’s Day is coming up fast, and there is no better way to say “see, my affection for you really does override my obsession for Breaking Bad – OR DOES IT” than with Beth Evans’ artisanal fandom valentines. If you want to be ready in time for VD, start urging Ms. Evans now to get your favorites up on her etsy store!