Every Friday, the Anobium web staff provides some ideas for what to do with that paycheck in this new segment, “Commerce in Shall.” The title comes from Catherine Wagner’s poem “Macular Hole,” which can be heard here and is available from Fence.
- Tremendously belated, but Tarpaulin Sky has triumphed over hurricane wreckage and ushering in a series of brand new titles, including Claire Donato‘s Burial, about which this particular editor is CAPSLOCK EXCITED.
- You have ONE DAY LEFT to donate to the LA Review of Books’ fund drive!
- Shaky reviews notwithstanding, if one witnessed Grace Coddington ruling the school in Vogue documentary the September Issue, one still might not be as excited as I am about her new memoir. She is the fantasy.
- Since Joshua Covell also out-wilds Where the Wild Things Are, he knows whereof he speaks when he makes this commendation of Beasts of the Southern Wild, out on Tuesday, December 4.
- With resolutions looming, make subscribing to a small magazine part of You in 2013 (we thought we would get you now as you’re formulating your budget). Lana Turner‘s on my list.